Wednesday, 19 August 2015

Prague #2 - Photo Diary

Last month, my cousin and our mums went on a girls' trip to Prague to celebrate my cousin's 30th birthday. You can see a little outfit post here. I had never been to Prague before and absolutely loved it - it is such a beautiful city and oh, so cheap! Those cocktails you'll see below were in our hotel bar and averaged approximately £3.50 each. OHEMGEE. 

I've decided to go all out with one big photo diary. We pretty much just explored, chilled and ate and drank the whole time so there isn't an extensive travel guide as such but I will pop in some recommendations as I go along. 

It was super hard to narrow these photos down as every building is so 'instragram-able' but here we go!




We stayed in the Raddison Blu Alcron hotel - the location was perfect, the marble staircases were amazing and the cocktails in the Be Bop Bar were the best ever. Yes, there is a Nemo on one drink, and yes, a toothbrush in another. 

A boat trip is the perfect way to see the sights of the city while relaxing with an alcoholic beverage of course. I'm wearing ASOS shirtold Topshop shorts (similar here) and some gorge ASOS sandals - a must for a city break! 











On our first night, the concierge at the hotel recommended the Buddha Bar and it was AMAZING. Not your typical Czech food as such but delicious none the less. We decided to go for the tasting menu to sample a few different dishes and it was the best asian food I've ever had. 

Below, is the Czech delicacy that is TRDLO - doesn't look pronounceable and I had no idea how to say it but it tasted hella good. 








Our second night took us to Pasta Fresca - where, as the name suggests, all the pasta is prepared freshly on the premises. Again, not very czech, but again, amazingly delicious - maybe it was the prosecco that made everything taste so good but either way, I'll go with it! Sorry, no photos of the food for this one, it didn't last very long on the table and my Mum kept giving me into trouble for photographing food.






We finished off our trip with a trip to the famous Hemingway bar which supposedly serves the best cocktails in Prague (whoever said that hadn't been to the Be Bop Bar thank you very much). I had the passion fruit bellini which came with a delightful portion of passion fruit sorbet dissolving in the champagne - the dream. 


Overall, a fab time was had by all and I would definitely recommend a trip to Prague. We enjoyed it as a relatively relaxed city break (despite my mum insisting on achieving 20,000 steps on her pedometer each day) as there isn't a huge list of things you MUST do so you can just wander round leisurely and make it as busy or as chilled as you wish! 

Also wearing: Vero Moda lace dress, ASOS denim dress and M+S denim dress (similar here)

Jen

1 comment:

  1. i really want to visit prague! looks beautiful x

    ReplyDelete